“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength’ … ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
The St. Paul Evangelization Institute is praying to gather men of one heart and mind to establish a family of religious brothers whose aim is union with God. Transformed by his love and mercy, and filled with the Holy Spirit, we share the fruits of our contemplation through direct evangelization.
In order to fulfill this mission we live the evangelical counsels of poverty, chastity, and obedience in community and emphasize
- Contemplation: Union with God is cultivated with a deep devotion to contemplative prayer and the sacred liturgy.
- Eucharist: Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is the source of our communion with God, the Church, and all of humanity. After receiving Jesus in the Mass, our communion continues throughout the day in the chanting of the Liturgy of the Hours, Eucharistic adoration, and devotion to the sacramental and liturgical life of the Church.
- Pentecost: We live a spirituality of Pentecost to develop the gifts given at baptism for our sanctification and the building up of the Church.
- Evangelization: We share the fruits of our contemplation through evangelization: assisting in the work of the St. Paul Evangelization Institute, assisting in the Archdiocese of Detroit’s implementation of “Unleash the Gospel”, and through the corporal and spiritual works of mercy.
- Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary: She is the model of prayer which flows into evangelization. She intercedes for us as Mother of the Eucharist, Spouse of the Holy Spirit, and Star of Evangelization. We are consecrated to Jesus through Mary in the manner of St. Louis de Montfort and St. Maximilian Kolbe.